Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Happy" Turkey Day

I promised I'd share the good and the bad, but I'm not a fan of public whining, so this one will be short. I'm currently extremely frustrated. For Thanksgiving, Mike and I always go to my grandmother's house, and then his. I was really excited to see all the family. Then, shortly after dinner at my grandmother's, I got really sick. I know I didn't eat anything with gluten in it, so it was probably cross-contamination of some kind. I didn't want my grandmother to feel bad because it's definitely not her fault if I don't pay attention. But it meant cutting my visit down to about an hour and a half.

We got home, and I insisted that I could go to my in-laws' with Mike if I could just lay down for 20 minutes. Instead, I fell asleep on the couch. If you don't know me well, that may not seem like a big deal. But the planets pretty much have to align for me to sleep at all, and I've only fallen asleep on a couch 5 times. I was a little kid for two of those, and incredibly sick for the rest. So Mike went by himself.

It's just a little disheartening how little can set me off. And the Celiac can make me sick all it wants when I'm at work. I'll deal. But I hate that it took me out of my time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment