Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ringing in a New Day

Today I am excited. Why, you ask? Because today, I wore two rings and a bracelet all day. If that sounds like the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone being excited about, you may not have experienced chronic pain and fatigue.

You know that feeling you get at the end of the day when you've been up for 15 hours, you had something to do after work - you're exhausted. Your shoes feel tighter, your clothes and jewelry feel heavier, and you just want your pajamas. That is how I feel from the time I get up until I go to bed. So most days, the only accessory I can handle is a scarf because it's soft. Some days - the ones where even the stretchy band of my maternity pants hurts - I can't even do that. So the fact that I was able to wear a chunky, heavy bracelet, as well as my wedding ring and a sapphire Mike got me when we were dating (due to the swelling, my engagement ring is too small), is a huge victory.

Add all of that to the fact that I've had two days in the last week and a half where my pain was a 2 or less and I actually had energy, and I'm starting to feel a lot more optimistic about everything. So here's to good days, bracelets, and yoga pants to put on when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment