Friday, October 19, 2012

Thank God Almighty, I'm Diagnosed at Last!

Today is the first day in 6 months that I haven't felt bone-weary, up for 48 hours, falling over exhausted. So I thought it would be the perfect time to start my blog. See, I've been struggling with a host of horrible symptoms on and off for the last year and a half (completely on for the last 6 months). Medical testing, hospital stays, office visits, and even surgery happened before I finally found out three days ago what was going on. I'm sure you can tell from the blog title - I have Celiac's Disease. 

I know that the last 5 years have seen amazing leaps in awareness around the issue, gluten free foods, blogs, cookbooks, etc. But I haven't seen one yet that starts from the beginning. So that's what I'm doing. Sharing the symptoms I had, the procedures I went through, and how I reacted when I found out. Once that's out of the way, I'll probably update about twice a week. You can follow along while I figure all of this out. I'll post recipes, reviews of products and restaurant foods that are gluten free, and I'll probably make a lot of sarcastic observations. Starting with the fact that all of this is made easier by the fact that wine doesn't have gluten in it.

No one wants to read a ridiculously long blog post - and I don't want all of my comments to be tl;dr. I mean, I'm pretty awesome. But in this day and age, between Twitter and Facebook, I'm aware that even I can't hold your attention for that long. So now that you know what I'm here for, I'll leave the details about all of the above to the next post. See you in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment