Saturday, March 2, 2013

Burgers and Beer

First of all, I apologize to my 5 readers for not updating in awhile. Between work and other things, it's been a little crazy. But I definitely had to post about some great customer service I experienced last week.

Last Friday night, we had a surprise 30th birthday party for our friend, Ben, at Willoughby Brewing Company. I was excited to go out with friends for the first time in a long time, but I was also really nervous. With my IBS I can't really eat salads, so I needed to know if there were other GF options. I also needed to make sure if there were, that the restaurant staff would know to cook them separately, etc. So I sent an e-mail to the manager with my concerns, and this is what I got back:

"Stephane,  We also have an employee here along with myself that have the disease. My kitchen staff is very good at accommodating me and any customers we have come in with allegeries. We have our salads but in addition to that you could eat our strip steak, beef tourenados without sauce, rosemary pork, and our airline chicken. Most of our burgers and sandwiches you can have just without a bun. Just let your server know at your table and they will aware our kitchen staff . But please be assured you are in good hands with us. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask."

I was definitely pleased. Not only did they understand what I needed, they're also especially sensitive to Celiac because some of their staff (and their manager) have it. And while I didn't end up ordering food (I was up for 25 hours that day and a little sick to my stomach), I will definitely go there to eat sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sure your regulars have their favorites but the need to explore the beer world and try every style. birra Belgian Pale Ale

    ReplyDelete